A warrior who uses martial prowess and nature magic to combat threats on the edges of civilization.
Known NPC Ranger in the game: Bryn Lightfingers
As this Wiki is for Sword Coast Legends, please be sure that you do not use Wizard of the Coast or Other Sources to update unless it specifically mentions Sword Coast Legends as Lore may differ.
Ability Trees[edit | edit source]
- Ability Group:Hunter
- Ability Group:Beast Master
- Ability Group:Nature
- Ability Group:Warden
- Ability Group:Stalker
- Ability Group:Two Weapon Fighting
- Ability Group:Martial
- Ability Group:Archery
- Ability Group:Skills and Proficiencies
Hunter[edit | edit source]
"Hunters spend weeks, sometimes months at a time hunting their chosen prey in the wilderness. Their skills at stalking and tracking are unparalleled and they usually learn all they can about a chosen enemy before closing in for the kill"
- Hide in Plain Sight: Toggle 5s Effect: Stealth and next attack has advantage and +5 crit range Cost: 0
- Favored Enemy: Passive Effect: +2 to hit and damage against favored type Cost: 0
- Ensnaring Armor: Passive Effect: When hit by enemy, % chance to immobilize them for a short period. Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Combat Focus: Passive Effect: Gain extra attack Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Foe Slayer: Passive Effect: Add Wis mod to damage against favored type Requires: Level 15 Cost: 3
Beast Master[edit | edit source]
"Beast Masters are those rangers who have truly become one with nature, forming a bond between civilization and the wild. Beast Masters call animal companions to their aid in battle, not as servants but as comrades with common goals"
- Longstrider: Passive Effect: +20% movement Cost: 1
- Ranger's Companion: Summon 40s Effect: Summons Wolf Cost: 1
- Bear Trap: Range (18 Yds) 80s Effect: Dex saving throw or take 3-5 Piercing damage, restrained and 57-76 Piercing damage over 20 seconds. Each round make a Str saving throw to try and end effect early Requires: Level 3 Cost: 2
- Go For the Eyes: Range (18 Yds) 120s Effect: Dex saving throw or take 4-19 Piercing damage and blind for 10 seconds on save only half damage, no blind Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Spectral Wolf Strike: Range (18 Yds) 120s Effect: Wis saving throw or take 11-47 Psychic damage, half on success Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Spikes of the Manticore: Ranged Aoe (18 Yds) 120s Effect: Dex saving throw or take 10-28 Piercing and 7-25 Poison damage, half on success Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
Nature[edit | edit source]
"Defenders of the wilderness, those who understand the essence of Nature itself can sometimes gain knowledge of powerful, primal magic. These heroes can commune with and command the plants around them, and can even call upon the wind and storms to protect and cleanse their allies"
- Goodberries: Range (18 Yds) 20s Effect: Heal for 6-8 HP Cost: 1
- Restoration: Range (10 Yds) 80s Effect: Remove 1 negative effect Requires: Level 3 Cost: 2
- Barkskin: Range (3 Yds) 80s Effect: +2 ac, 10% Lightning and Bludgeoning resist, lasts 20 seconds Requires: Level 3 Cost: 1
- Entangle: Range AoE (18 Yds, 2 Yds radius) 80s Effect: Str saving throw or be restrained Requires: Level 3 Cost: 2
- Wind Wall: Aura (2 Yds) 120s Effect: Lasts 20 seconds, anyone inside the area Str saving throw or take 5-23 Bludgeoning, half on success. Deflects projects, aka auto miss. Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Cloak of Thorns: Passive Effect: +1 damage when deal Piercing damage, when hit by enemy deal 1-2 Piercing damage Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
Warden[edit | edit source]
"Combining nature magic and archer, Wardens possess the ability to unleash a variety of magically infused trick shots upon their foes. Shooting with supernatural speed and agility, they can fire lightning bolts from their bows, rain thorns upon their enemies, and pierce right through even the toughest of armors"
- Hail of Thorns: Cone (18 Yds) 40s Effect: Dex saving throw or take 5-13 Piercing damage (half on success) Cost: 1
- Splinter Armor: Melee 80s Effect: 9-27 Slashing damage and target has -4 AC for 15 seconds Requires: Level 3 Cost: 2
- Lightning Arrow: Range AoE (18 Yds, 2 Yds radius) 120s Effect: Dex saving throw, 1-=34 Lightning damage, save for half Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Swift Quiver: Self 200s Effect: Increase action speed by 75% for 8 seconds Requires: Level 9 Cost: 3
- Conjure Volley: Range AoE (18 Yds, 4 Yds radius) 200s Effect: Dex saving throw, 3-5 Piercing damage Requires: Level 9 Cost: 3
Two-Weapon Fighting[edit | edit source]
"Two-Weapon Fighting, or dual wielding employs the use of a weapon in each hand. This style of combat allows one to rain blows upon their enemies, riposting and whirling across the battlefield in dizzying battle of death"
- Whirlwind Attack: PBAoE (4 Yds) 40s Effect: 5-13 Slashing damage, partial damage on miss Cost: 2
- Cage of Chains: Range (4 Yds) 80s Effect: Dex saving throw or take 8-22 Bludgeoning damage and be trapped in place for 10 seconds Requires: Level 2 Cost: 2
- Riposte: Self 100s Effect: 40% parry chance which causes 4-8 slashing, lasts 12 seconds Requires: Level 3 Cost: 2
- Crimson Edge: Melee 80s Effect: 7-16 Slashing damage and 15-35 Slashing damage over 12 seconds Requires: Level 5 Cost: 3
Martial[edit | edit source]
"Whether a grizzled veteran or a squire in training, most professions have some degree of martial training. Those who excel in the use of arms, armor and melee combat are a fearsome force to behold on the battlefield. Martial abilities focus on manipulating the battlefield by weakening one's enemies."
- Victorious Surge: Melee 40s Effect: 5-16 Bludgeoning damage and heals 7-9 hp Cost: 1
- Flying Foe: Range (12 Yds) 40s Effect: 5-12 Piercing damage and pull target Cost: 1
- Impede: Melee 80s Effect: 12-36 Slashing damage and slowing for 30 seconds Requires: Level 3 Cost: 2
- Break the Wall: Melee 160s Effect: 15-48 Slashing damage and target has -5 AC for 60 seconds Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Wounding Blow: Melee 280s Effect: 17-58 Slashing damage and -100% healing for 60 seconds Requires: Level 7 Cost: 3
Archery[edit | edit source]
"Master of the bow and arrow or crossbow and bolt, a well-trained archer can often pick off their enemies long before they ever have a chance to reach them. The entire battlefield is an archer's target range, and they can call out targets to their allies, shoot down enemies on at a time or even rain down arrows on multiple targets."
- Hunter's Mark: Range (18 Yds) 40s Effect: target grants combat advantage, cannot stealth and take 20% additional damage for 30 seconds Cost: 1
- Debilitating Shot: Range (18 Yds) 80s Effect: 11-38 damage and -50% movement speed and -1 to hit and damage for 30 seconds Requires: Level 2 Cost: 1
- Arrow of Slaying: Range (18 Yds) 200s Effect: 21-78 damage Requires: Level 5 Cost: 2
- Split Shot: AoE Cone (18 Yds, 45' arc) 240s Effect: 25-94 Slashing damage Requires: Level 11 Cost:3
Sources[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJLCGDvM0mE - Sword Coast Legends Early Access Gameplay | First Impressions 4 Player Co Op by TGN
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYGSBgiwOrQ - Sword Coast Legends - Head Start Access 1 - Character Creation (Fighter/Rogue/Cleric) by My Hot Stream
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPus5nQukNE - Sword Coast Legends - Head Start Access 1 - Character Creation (Paladin/Ranger/Wizard) by My Hot Stream
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iStc7X35juI - IT'S FINALLY HERE! | SWORD COAST LEGENDS Design Council Headstart Access Premier Stream by The Almighty Dru
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkG-ekilMO0 - OLBAID'S GATE | SWORD COAST LEGENDS Headstart Access | Campaign Creation By The Almighty Dru
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPF8r7yHYkU - Sword Coast Legends Character Creation in Depth Part 1 By Rob Carter
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFE-Fr7jxBQ - Sword Coast Legends Character Creation in Depth Part 2 By Rob Carter
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvZAzlq9XDo - Sword Coast Legends Character Creation in Depth Part 3 By Rob Carter